Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Phew

I'm lonnnnnggggg overdue for an update.  Forgive me.  I've moved from Florida back to Connecticut due to my poor health at the time (still not 100%.)  Then we moved from the apartment we were in into a house that needs more work than the house in Money Pit.  (J/k)  I started taking several classes while out of work to keep what little sanity I have.  Why not?  I've always wanted to take certain courses but couldn't because of time or money or whatever other thing life threw at me.  I also started little side gigs to make some pocket change because being broke sucks.  Oh, and I started taking Japanese lessons again. 

Eh?  Japanese?  Why?  Well....why not?  Seriously though.  Because I actually lived there and learned some of the language.  But being where I am in America there wasn't much opportunity to speak it so I lost it.  Well, thanks to some of my friends (and the INTERNET!!!!)  I've connected with some folk abroad who can help me keep it up.  In addition, I'm relearning the first foreign language I learned (Italian), brushing up on my Spanish, and eventually I'm going to get a little deeper into German. 

Now I'm trying to figure out how to take all these classes, certifications, languages and interests I have and put them together and do something meaningful and fulfilling.  It CAN be done...I just need to work it out.  Imagine you're going to live to be 70 or 80 years old.  What would you do with all that time?  Continue to do the same ol' stuff day after day?  Would you do more of what you love?  Would you love more?  Would you learn more?  Would you LIVE?

A lot of young people around me have been dropping like flies and having serious health problems.  I'm only nearly 40 and I seriously think of my own mortality more and more.  When I think of it I realize I want to LIVE and not simply exist.  This is what has spurned me on to take this time my body is healing and do more of the things I want to do and do more with my hellspawn.  No more slaving for bills and fancy things.  Family, traveling, music, learning, socializing-these are the things that are important to me and they last longer.  Nails break, clothes shrink, cars get run down.  I'm good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, comments, or suggestions?